Accenture Amsterdam – How it is to Work for Accenture in The Netherlands
The Accenture Amsterdam office has a poisonous and psychopathic atmosphere like the firm in general.
The working hours and environment in the Amsterdam office are extreme, and it has consequences. Out of everyone who burn out in The Netherlands, 40% come from Accenture.
Quick Facts about Accenture Netherlands
|Managing Directors:||ca. 40|
|Notable Managing Directors:|
|Main Industries served:|
|Revenues (2012):||EUR 640 million|
Heard in the office, when passing some HR Reps:
HR Rep: “[Sigh] It is so annoying when consultants don’t know when to resign.”
Of all the people that have a burn out in the Netherlands, Accenture employees represent 40%.
In other words, 40% of everyone that burns out in Holland come from Accenture. (Source: Accenture’s company clinic, HCC.)
Considering that the company had 2000 employees and the country has 8 million workers, the probability of burning out at Accenture is about 3000 times as high as the country in general. Other health problems like RSI and back problems are very common.
One estimation states that at least 20% of consultants have any of the above health problems at any given time.
HCC (formerly Schermer Trommel & De Jong) is the company “clinic”, and the Accenture account was handled by Dr. "H". This doctor is notorious for covering Accenture’s back and helping getting rid of burned out employees, by any means.
His tasks are: “guiding” sick employees to leave Accenture, taking the role of “good cop” when out-managing an employee, secretly reporting things told in doctor-patient confidentiality to Accenture (such as “I can’t take it anymore, their harassment is too much”), prescribing work hours to sick employees to keep pressure on them (thus forcing them to quit instead of getting well), and making sure there are no medical records with diagnosis or proof of illness in case there is a lawsuit against Accenture. He is an expert at this just like Accenture’s external labor lawyers. This law firm has the same aggression and ethics as its employer.
Accenture’s lawyers collaborate closely with its Company dr. when an employee needs to be out-managed.
If you have been harassed by Accenture, its lawyers or Company dr, please contact us, comment (below) or write an article to expose what is happening at Accenture.
Management consulting salaries at Accenture, approximate yearly (starting) salaries:
|Senior Managers:||* €80.000|
|Managing Directors:||* €120.000|
- No salary data yet.
Resources for Accenture Employees
Accenture being such a tough working environment, you might need all the help you can get as an employee. Here are some useful resources:
- Psychologists: If you burn-out or have other problems at work, you need to see a psychologist. Currently we don’t have a recommendation for a good psychologist with experience of Accenture, but you can look on psyned.nl or in this list.
- Free Legal Advice: The Juridish Loket can give you free legal advice, for example regarding conflicts with Accenture in the Netherlands, such as your rights when long-term ill, what to do if Accenture decides to out-manage you, or illegally fires you. They can also help you find a lawyer and advice you on financial legal aid (see below).
- Legal Aid (government financial subsidy): If you need a lawyer and had a low salary two years ago (in 2014 they will look at your declared income for 2012) then you can get a subsidy to cover costs for a lawyer from Raad voor Rechtbijstand. You still have to pay a small own contribution depending on your income.
- Lawyers: If you plan to sue Accenture or are in a conflict with the firm you need a lawyer. You would need either a labor lawyer for work conflicts and for work related illnesses you need a personal injury lawyer.
None recommended yet.
- Help against Doctor’s corruption: The Medisch Tuchtcollege is a board that tries whether a Medical Doctor has committed errors. If Accenture’s company physician (arboarts) is helping Accenture harass you, then you can report him to the Tuchtcollege.
You can complain on: incorrect or too late diagnosis, violation of professional secrecy, wrongly not referring to another professional, sexual or other inappropriate behavior, amongst other things.
If you’re unable to work and the company doctor is prescribing too many working hours on purpose or avoiding to put a diagnosis in writing, you should report him. The Tuchtcollege can issue (published) warnings, fines, and can even revoke a doctor’s license.
The Klachtenbureau Gezondheidszorg (IKG) (Phone: 0900-243 70 70) can help you make the complaint and during the procedure. You can also get a lawyer (paid by legal aid if you qualify).
- Go public: If you want to tell your story to the world about Accenture, then please contact us here at Exposing Evil Empire.
The Accenture Amsterdam office is located near the Amsterdam Zuid station, in the ITO Tower (floors 13-17). It is an open office landscape and has a really long desk called ‘the snake’ that goes through the entire office space on the 14th floor.
Worker bees enter on floors 13-15 while clients and others whom Accenture wishes to impress are received on the 17th floor. Floor 16 is the canteen.
Accenture Netherlands also has a (very) small office in Almere.